There is little question today that an online education can be as good as an education received through traditional methods. A recent poll of educators reveals that 77% feel online college classes are just as good as traditional classroom settings. Employers won’t know, or care, about the source of your degree. However, can an argument be made that online degree programs might be BETTER than the traditional classroom setting? To find the answer, let’s take a look at eight things online college classes taught with live instruction can offer that traditional classes cannot.
- Better Interaction – Chat panes eliminate the hand waving or intrusive interruptions found in the typical classroom. Often the traditional classroom is so large that you may be limited in getting your questions asked and answered – in some cases, interaction isn’t even possible in the traditional classroom.
- Classes Are Usually Less Frequent - Traditional classes meet two or three times a week, or more. Many online classes are once a week, making them easier to attend without conflict.
- Rewind and Review – If there is a conflict and you miss a session, most online classes are recorded so you can watch what you missed at a later time. Another advantage of a recording is that you can go over a section again if you missed what was said or didn’t fully comprehend the lesson.
- Class Flexibility – Due to limited classrooms and instructors, traditional courses have to be strictly scheduled. Online classes can be offered days, nights, and weekends, as well as year-round.
- Less Busy Work – Done right, online learning reduces written assignments, term papers, and exams. In the traditional classroom setting this can sometimes be the only way an instructor can evaluate individual students. Because 97% of online classes have excellent instructor/student ratios, busy work is not as necessary.
- Classes Can Be Taken from Anywhere – Rather than endure seemingly endless weeks in uncomfortable desks or chairs in noisy surroundings, many students prefer a comfortable and convenient environment for learning. And you can also eliminate the annoying and costly commute. Online classes can be taken anywhere there is an internet connection available, anywhere in the world. This also means you have the opportunity to be exposed to a greater number of cultures, life-styles, and backgrounds in an online class than a traditional class setting.
- Multimedia Options – Traditional classrooms can provide videos and other sources of material. However, online classes make eBooks, websites, video presentations, and more readably available and easily accessed from a single location.
- Better for the Pocketbook - The potential for considerable savings does more than help the bottom line in the checkbook. Study after study has shown that stress affects learning. Online classes, by eliminating or reducing stress by saving you thousands of dollars, can provide motivation instead.
For more information on the program Contact Achieve Test Prep today!
Accelerate Your Online Learning with Achieve Test Prep
You can make your online learning even better by using Achieve’s credit-by-exam program to save you time and money by reducing the number of semesters you will have to take. In as little as four weeks, one of our prep classes will have you ready to take and pass one exam that will give you the same credit a traditional semester course will provide – without the extra quizzes, research papers, or homework. By having flexible hours and providing classes on campus or through virtual online live instruction, we fit your schedule, making it easier than ever to get your degree.
Find out more about how our accelerated credit-by-exam program can save you time and money over traditional programs by contacting Achieve Test Prep today!